25 Apr Summer Mini-Course: Painting the Nude in Oils Using the Zorn Palette
Three Full Day Classes: July 29thth, August 9th and 16th, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm, downstairs studio
Oregon Society of Artists
$285 for three days ($95 per day) / $110 per drop-in
Model fee included in price
Please register online at https://public.osartists.org/public/classes
Note: You must be an OSA member to register for classes.
Many artists struggle with rendering flesh tones when painting the figure – too many color choices can lead to confusion and frustration. But working in a more limited palette allows greater control in color mixing, and also increases the painting’s color harmony.
Working from the live model we will sharpen our figure painting skills while using the Zorn palette of Titanium White, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red, and Ivory Black.
We will use the Zorn palette to help you:
- Simplify color mixing. With fewer colors, it’s easier to choose the best color to add to any given mixture.
- Better understand how your colors work together.
- Achieve color harmony. Fewer colors means fewer color variations.
- More easily see and control values.
- Learn to recognize and use warm and cool color temperatures.
Questions? Email the instructor at email@example.com
- Ticket Price: $285
When & Where
- From:2019-07-29 09:00 AM
- To:2019-07-29 04:00 PM
Oregon Society of Artists`
Downstairs Studio, , Portland.